Frozen Food Fun Facts :
Freezing food preserves it from the time it is prepared to the time it is eaten.
- Frozen products do not require any added preservatives because microorganisms do not grow when the temperature of the food is below -9.5 °C (15 °F).
- It is believed that first use of freezing food in industrial food sales took place in the 1800s.
- Clarence Birdseye introduced the concept of flash freezing to the world, more than 90 years ago.
- March 6th is National Frozen Food Day.
- The first complete frozen meal was not actually the TV dinner; it was food prepared for commercial airlineflights.
- According to some old wives’ tales, freezing food removes nutrients from the food. NOT TRUE! According to British Frozen Food Federation, ‘Freezing can actually help preserve levels of nutrients in the food’. The nutritional value of frozen foods is higher than any other packaged foods.
- The Celentano brothers, who owned their own Italian specialty store in New Jersey in the 1950’s, are believed to have marketed the first frozen pizza in 1957.
- Sankalp is the pioneer in marketing frozen Indian main course option/items in India; to introduce it to India; with complete food solution for North Indian & South Indian main course.
Benefits of Sankalp’s Frozen Foods
Discover here some of the benefits & advantages of frozen foods that help not only us at home, but also the environment:
- Frozen vegetables are nutritionally more reliable than fresh as freezing prevents sensitive vitamins and nutrients from being lost during transportation.
- Freezing allows you to choose from a vast selection of seasonal ingredients all year round.
- Frozen food contains no preservatives. It is a natural form of preservation.
- Sankalp’s frozen products are just as good as freshly cooked food.
- Frozen food also helps reduce food waste as you use only what you need – which means it’s good for your pocket and the environment.
Know the Frozen Food Facts
“You can be sure it’s fresh – if it’s frozen” – British Frozen Food Federation
- Freezing is a natural form of food preservation: Advanced quick freezing technology helps to preserve the food without any use of preservatives or additives.
- Frozen food can be nutritious: Freezing helps in locking nutrition by inhibiting the loss of vitamins and nutrients.
- Frozen Food gives consistent quality: Frozen foods are made using set standards and parameters and hence, most of the time there is same crispness, flavour, shape and quality.
- Frozen Food is highly convenient and flexible: Frozen foods allow usage as per requirement. They are highly convenient as there is no cutting or chopping required. They also get ready in minutes.