Frozen Food Fun Facts: Freezing food preserves it from the time it is prepared to the time it is eaten.
- Frozen products do not require any added preservatives because microorganisms do not grow when the temperature of the food is below ?9.5 °C (15 °F).
- It is believed that first use of freezing food in industrial food sales took place in the 1800s.
- Clarence Birdseye introduced the concept of flash freezing to the world, more than 90 years ago.
- March 6th is National Frozen Food Day.
- The first complete frozen meal was not actually the TV dinner; it was food prepared for commercial airline flights.
- According to some old wives’ tales, freezing food removes nutrients from the food. NOT TRUE! British Frozen Food Federation says ~ ‘Freezing can actually help preserve levels of nutrients in the food’. The nutritional value of frozen foods is higher than any other packaged foods.
- The Celentano brothers, who owned their own Italian specialty store in New Jersey in the 1950’s, are believed to have marketed the first frozen pizza in 1957.
- Sankalp is the pioneer in marketing frozen Indian main course option/items in India ; to introduce it to India ; with complete food solution for North Indian & South Indian main course.
Benefits of Frozen Foods
Discover here some of the benefits & advantages of frozen foods that help not only us at home, but also the environment:
- Frozen vegetables are nutritionally more reliable than fresh as freezing prevents sensitive vitamins and nutrients from being lost during transportation.
- Freezing allows you to choose from a vast selection of seasonal ingredients all year round.
- Frozen food contains no preservatives. It is a natural form of preservation.
- Sankalp’s frozen products are just as good as freshly cooked food.
- Frozen food also helps reduce food waste as you use only what you need – which means it’s good for your pocket and the environment.
“You can be sure it’s fresh – if it’s frozen” – British Frozen Food Federation
- Freezing is a natural form of food preservation: Advanced quick freezing technology helps to preserve the food without any use of preservatives or additives.
- Frozen food can be nutritious: Freezing helps in locking nutrition by inhibiting the loss of vitamins and nutrients.
- Frozen Food gives consistent quality: Frozen foods are made using set standards and parameters and hence, most of the time there is same crispness, flavour, shape and quality.
- Frozen Food is highly convenient and flexible: Frozen foods allow usage as per requirement. They are highly convenient as there is no cutting or chopping required. They also get ready in minutes.